Have you ever wondered what it takes to pull off a conference with 2500+ people like CodeMash?:
- There are around 20 volunteers on the committee and board that work throughout the year leading up to the Conference.
- During the conference, we need an additional 50 or so more Crew members (sometimes referred to as cogs, interns, or minions) to help make CodeMash truly exceptional!
What kind of Crew members are needed for CodeMash?:
- College / STEM students that are 18 or older at the time of CodeMash (January 6, 2020). This demographic makes up the majority of our volunteers.
- Folks who are early in their IT career may also volunteer.
- Those who are willing to put in hard work (roughly 75% of the time…) doing random, sometimes menial (but occasionally fun) tasks. Required!
- Crew members do not necessarily need to be majoring in a computer science/engineering-related field, but should have an interest in learning about software development, testing, technology, etc.
- Having customer service skills is a plus. Otherwise, you may end up being assigned to muck out the Camel stalls, or wipe the sloth.
CodeMash covers the hotel/meal costs for all volunteers, and you may even get a chance to attend a session or two.
If you are considering volunteering as a Crew member for CodeMash, please head over to the Volunteer Form and apply. Be sure to double check that you will be available from Monday afternoon, January 6th through Friday evening, January 10th before signing up.
The first round of volunteers will be notified on 10/14, so hang tight.