Checking in at registration is the first thing you’ll need to do at CodeMash. The process is really simple, but we wanted to give you a heads up on the process to help make things go as smoothly as possible.
TLDR; Please bring your EventBrite ticket, or have it available on your mobile app. We simply need the barcode on your ticket (either paper or on your mobile device).
- Pre-Compiler Checkin Times
- Monday 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Main Conference Checkin Times
- Wednesday 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Thursday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Friday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Special note: Checkin windows may be closed during slow times.
- Location: Orange Registration Booth. Map location is available here, and in the Mobile App.
- IMPORTANT: Lines tend to be quite long in the morning. We strongly recommend checking in the night prior if at all possible. Badges are required in order to eat breakfast, so if you are planning to eat, arrive super early or check in the night prior. If lines are too long in the morning and sessions are starting, we will allow you to attend the first morning sessions and check-in after.
- You will be greeted by our registration team and asked for your ticket barcode. Please be prepared to show your ticket, either on paper, or on your mobile device.
- The staff will scan your barcode, and will press a few buttons and process you in our system.
- You will be handed a badge. The staff will briefly explain how the badge works and send you on your merry way.
- Staying offsite? If you or your family would like to use the waterpark, let us know when you are checking in and we will provide you with wristbands (good for the week). CodeMash attendees will receive waterpark wristbands when checking in to the Kalahari. Don’t forget to request them.
- After getting your badge, proceed to the long tables right in front of the Orange room. The tables will have a bunch of sharpie markers on them. There is space on the front and back for your name, please write it legibly. After that, you can decorate your badge with the markers or add some flair.
Hoodie Pick Up
- In order to keep the line moving, hoodie pickup will be across from Zebrawood (outside of suite 4). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only request the hoodie in the size that you put on your ticket. Otherwise, someone who checks in later may not get the right sized hoodie, and that’s just not cool.
- No extra hoodies are available, so please don’t request one for your cat (or significant other, child, pet wookiee, etc.).
- Hoodies can be picked up at any time. If the line is too long, check back later.
All About That Badge
- Please wear your badge at all times when in the conference center. It is required in order to eat meals or attend sessions.
- Your badge has a few things on it that are important to know about:
- Soda Can – only good for day listed. A hole is punched once you redeem. Good for one soda, or $2 towards another snack item per punch.
- Hoodie – good any time during the conference. A hole is punched once you pick up your hoodie.
- Wine glass – only good for day listed. A hole is punched when redeeming a beverage during the party.
- The back of your badge lists key times for session blocks, meals, and parties. It also has a barcode sticker on it.
- Attendees may opt-in to claim their barcode, and allow sponsors to scan them. The benefit of doing this is that you provide your information once, and share it with only the sponsors you want to. No more business cards or forms to fill out!
- To claim your barcode, open your mobile browser (Safari, Chrome, etc.) to https://barcode.codemash.org/ Type in the alphanumeric characters below the barcode and provide your information.
- Why claim your barcode? Sponsors come to CodeMash so they can get to know attendees for many reasons. This includes recruiting for open positions, providing information about their products or services, etc. Many sponsors provide “swag” (fidget spinners, stickers, gum, mints, brochures, trial software, shiny things, squishy things, and other interesting things). If you are interested in the swag, a sponsor may ask to scan your barcode in return.
- Many sponsors will also be having prize raffles throughout the week. Raffles occur at sponsor booths, sessions, over lunch, and at the closing raffle. Most sponsors will require a barcode scan in order to be entered for the raffle.
- Is it safe/secure? Any information that attendees provide is stored in a secure database and associated with a barcode, unique to each attendee. Sponsors are only able to retrieve barcodes that they have scanned.
- Please don’t provide fake information when claiming your barcode. If you don’t want to share your information with a sponsor, simply let them know that you are there just for the cool swag (or small talk, etc.). It makes the closing ceremonies really awkward when a fictional person wins. We’re looking at you, Mike Wazowski.
Check In Process for KidzMash
- Please visit the KidzMash page to get a ticket and learn more bout KidzMash. Cost is $0. We recommend registering before arrival.
- KidzMash registration will be the same hours as regular attendee registration, but is located by the Disapproving Gorilla at the base of the grand staircase to the hotel, right outside the Acacia room.
- KidzMash sessions are listed along with the Session Schedule. Please check the schedule for details.
Check In Process for Sponsors
- Checkin Times
- Wednesday 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Location: Salon H Registration Booth. Map location is available here, and in the Mobile App.
- Sponsors who have claimed a sponsor pass will receive a full attendee badge, and may also check in at attendee registration and receive the same benefits.
- Sponsors working exhibit booths only will receive a half attendee badge, which provides access only to the exhibit area. Half badges are only available for pickup at Sponsor Registration. If you’re not sure what type of pass you have, please come to Sponsor Registration and we’ll get you squared away.
- Sponsors will be provided with barcode scanning information and scanners when checking in. Only one representative from each sponsor needs to pick up scanning information. More detail will be emailed to sponsors about this process.
- The sponsor registration booth is intended to be a place where sponsors can go for any logistics related to the event. This includes picking up barcode scanners, addressing questions about booths or logistics needs, downloading scanners, checking in for prize raffles, etc.