We are partnering with the Great Wolf Lodge to offer a Junior Lifeguarding Class. This is a free activity, but tickets are required– limited quantity available.
- Discussion on basic water safety.
- Talk about lifeguarding and the signs of a swimmer in distress.
- Introduce lifeguarding equipment and learn how to use the equipment.
- This class will involve getting in the water so wear a suit and come ready to learn and get wet!
Originally, we were planning on having a hippo feeding contest, but the hippos over ate and were put on a strict diet. (Don’t worry, the hippos will be kept in the locked holding tank during lifeguard training).
Location: Great Wolf Lodge, which is about 5 minutes north of the Kalahari, right off 250. Shuttles will be running between the Great Wolf Lodge and Kalahari during this time (refer to shuttle schedule for more information, which will be available on site and can be viewed here).
- Meet at the Timber Wolf room located on the 1st floor of the Lodge.
- Take the elevator on the main floor, behind the clock tower, down to 1st floor and turn right off the elevator. Timber Wolf is the 1st room on the right, past the Exercise room.
Cost: Free. You may still get a ticket even if you are not staying at the Great Wolf Lodge.
Date/Times: Tuesday (1/9) and Thursday (1/11) at 9 am.
Maximum 25 attendees per session.
- Ages: 7-12
- Parents or Guardian (18+) must be present. Please register only your child.
- Nose lotion not required.
- Whistles not allowed.
Sound good? Please head over to get a ticket. Press the Green “Tickets” button on the right of the page. Once the window pops up, scroll down until you see it and press “Check Out”.