We have just posted ticket sales and hotel reservation details on our site at http://www.codemash.org/buytickets. We tried to make it as short and sweet as possible, but we also want to try to answer all of the questions we typically get every year. That’s why it’s a bit over 2,000 words. We encourage you to read and savor them all.
- No more three-day tickets.
- Ticket prices remain the same.
- This year you will at least buy a base two-day ticket. If you want the PreCompilers, then you will need to buy an upgrade ticket to add on the two extra days.
- Hotel priority will be given to four-day ticket holders (see post for reasons why).
- When you buy your ticket, you will get a place in line. The hotel will then automatically make reservations for people in that order until they run out of rooms.
- You cannot, in any way, cram 2,500 people into a 500 room hotel. We tried simulations on really big secret government computers. In China. Written in LISP and Perl. We even ‘blue screened’ a satellite trying to figure it out.
- We have a super official list of official hotels this year. They all have CodeMash discounted blocks, and are on the shuttle service line.